POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Re: Hi from DKBTrace author : Re: Hi from DKBTrace author Server Time
3 Sep 2024 06:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hi from DKBTrace author
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 21 Jan 2001 16:46:01
Message: <3A6B58FE.5D934F76@peak.edu.ee>
Chris Huff wrote:

> I think that would slow down the rendering of the world being directly
> rendered, possibly by a lot. It also would probably lead to some highly
> confusing multi-world files.

Why? Only an intersection test would be done for objects not in the camera's
group - no reflections, lighting, textures, volume etc. Granted, it would still
be slower, but I don't think the performance hit would usually be that bad.
And why would the files be confusing? The way I see it, the syntax should look
pretty much the same as files using light_groups (new syntax), perhaps also with
a "global" modifier for blocks that are always rendered.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee
Home page http://www.hot.ee/margusrt